Saturday 6 November 2010

MAKING SPACE








This was an exhibition was shown in what used to be an old warehouse for boat shipments, but later converted into a gallery space. This show was made by a a group of artists who have in the past built little houses or shelters and propped them up wherever they want, as they've got wheels at the bottom. There were videos of the journeys made- where the the houses traveled and the ideas behind it. Usually it's by the railways, as they centre a lot of their street art around there. My video professor, Dirk Peuker recommended I have a look at this (even though I saw it once already) and I am glad I went back. One of the artists involved, gave us a little talk about their history and background info about the show. Sadly this was the last show until next spring, as they're closing for winter. If you're ever in Berlin, I'd recommend you have a look, it's located right opposite the famous Blu Blu street paintings, on Cuvrystrasse 3-4.

No comments:

Post a Comment